Here are two tips to stop lice in their tracks-
1. Avoid head-to-head contact during play, sleepovers, or other activities at home, the beach and elsewhere.
2. Don’t share combs, brushes or towels. Do not share clothing such as hats, scarves, coats, hair ribbons or barrettes.
Here are some lice myths-
– Lice is a result of poor hygiene-it’s actually the opposite- lice prefer clean hair to dirty hair.
– Lice are hard to get- head lice do not jump, fly or swim- however they are great crawlers and can move from person to person in little as 30 seconds.
– Lice-infested items must be washed in hot water- it’s not necessary to wash everything, but make sure it is in the dryer for 30 minutes to dehydrate and kill lice.
– No itch means no lice-while the most common sign is itching, many times there is no itching- the only way to be sure is frequent head checks!